Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Hard disk recovery

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Hard disk recovery
** Tim <xendistar@???> [2009-03-11 12:42]:
> I have a SATA hard disk from work which I would see if it can be recovered. Can
> anybody suggest any companies in the south that they would recommend please (I
> know it is not cheap but I have been asked to find out).
>
> For the record the disk did not show up on the PC, no lights, no spin up
> nothing, attached another sata hard disk to the PC and the PC saw the disk and
> was happy to use it.

** end quote [Tim]

I deal with a local (Portsmouth) based company called Dataquest [1].
Since I'm local I've dropped the drives off to them (thankfully I've not
needed to use them much). They do a free evaluation and have a pretty
clear and reasonable pricing policy. Just tell John (or whoever you talk
to I guess!) I sent you [2] [3]. Unlike some of the smaller outfits I've
seen advertising they use full cleanroom facilities if needed - one I
was got the dust out of the air by running the shower hot for a while
before opening the drive, it may work but it's pretty high risk and
there's no turning back!!!

[1] www.dq-int.co.uk
[2] quote reference DQP0189
[3] 0845 200 9241

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: