Re: [Hampshire] Trouble joining linux freedom forums

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trouble joining linux freedom forums

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58668100.hantslug.org.uk.24330': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Mar 11 18:22:41 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 06:05:34PM +0000, alan c wrote:
> Kev wrote:
> > I didn't ask previously, but thought I would check - you have looked in
> > spam boxes I assume.
> >
> > Anyway, pm sent to the admin regardless.
>
> Tried again, still nothing in my waitrose mail account, however, I did
> find one of my attempted memberships *did* get a response to my yahoo
> address - and yes, it was in the spam folder.
>
> Thanks again for your help!
> it was really useful to know that mail was being sent out.
> I have all filters and spam controls turned off for my waitrose mail
> account settings and have contacted them for an explanation.
> I think they use a higher level spam filter that I cannot control.
>
> I hope your email will prompt a response at some time, and now with my
> secondary ID membership I can myself contact the admin.
>
> I wonder why the emails from them:
> > From: jonathan@??? <jonathan@???>
> > Subject: Welcome to "Linux Freedom"

Well, it's a generic-looking subject line, it's not got a real name
in the From line (and, indeed, just repeats the email address). Is the
content in HTML-only? Does it have lots of images attached? Is it
multi-part MIME, posibly with different textual content between the
plain and HTML parts? Is there a spamassassin report in the mail
headers that could tell you more about the spam decision?

> would be the subject of such apparently strong antispam activity?

Hugo.

         --- Is it true that "last known good" on Windows XP ---
                            boots into CP/M?