Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

<tony@???>
> wrote:
>> Also, when I try to boot the Netinst i386 CD ISO (using full VT
>> virtualisation) I get nothing but a black screen. It boots Debian Etch
> and
>> Windows 2003 CD images OK! I have checked the MD5sum. Did you come

across
>> this and if so, how did you resolve it?
>
> I just tried this on an Ubuntu 8.04.2 dom0 (i.e. Xen 3.2) and it worked,

so
> it looks like I'll have to upgrade the dom0 to 8.04 and hopefully that

will
> sort it out.

To follow up on this thread:

I tested the same Debian ISO on a Xen 3.2 system (Ubuntu 8.04.2 dom0) on
the same server model and it worked, so I bit the bullet and went ahead
with the upgrade. Apart from introducing the annoying "unable to mount ISO
images automatically" bug it has gone OK and we have been able to install
Debian Lenny inside a domU. Everything seems fine except...

A SLES 10 OES SP1 server (the only virtualised one we have) which has been
showing incredibly high loads since the upgrade, to the extent that it has
started to affect the performance of the other hosts on that box. I cleared
a stale .pid file on a reboot and it's looking OK for now, but has anyone
seen anything similar?

Thanks,

Tony