Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Author: Michael-John Turner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 01:45:44PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Some of the documentation on the Debian wiki suggests that Lenny doesn't
> play nicely as a domU in 64-bit. Is that your experience?

I didn't have any issues - both my dom0 and domUs are 64-bit (I haven't
tried any 32-bit domUs, so can't comment there). The info on the wiki may
be a bit out of date as support for 64-bit dom0s was added to the lenny
kernel quite late in the release cycle.

> Also, when I try to boot the Netinst i386 CD ISO (using full VT
> virtualisation) I get nothing but a black screen. It boots Debian Etch and
> Windows 2003 CD images OK! I have checked the MD5sum. Did you come across
> this and if so, how did you resolve it?

Can't help there, I'm afraid - haven't tried i386 yet.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj@???      <>  http://mjturner.net/