Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Author: Michael-John Turner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:24:41AM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> I'm looking to set up a Debian 5.0 (Lenny) domU under Xen on hardware that
> supports VT. At the moment the dom0 is running Ubuntu 7.10. (I could be
> persuaded to upgrade it to 8.04 LTS if it helps.) I'd like to ensure that
> the domU performs as well as possible, in particular disk and network. Does
> anyone have any tips about making sure this happens, particular kernels to
> install, settings to tweak etc.

I've been running a Xen Dom0 and several DomUs on a lenny system for
several months now without problem. The Dom0 did panic once, but that was
several kernel updates ago and hasn't happened since.

FWIW, this is a machine without hardware VT, amd64 kernel and userland. I'm
currently running a slightly older kernel release on the Dom0 and DomUs
(2.6.26-11) because the system hasn't been restarted for ~3 months.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj@???      <>  http://mjturner.net/