[Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a Debian 5.0 (Lenny) domU under Xen on hardware that
supports VT. At the moment the dom0 is running Ubuntu 7.10. (I could be
persuaded to upgrade it to 8.04 LTS if it helps.) I'd like to ensure that
the domU performs as well as possible, in particular disk and network. Does
anyone have any tips about making sure this happens, particular kernels to
install, settings to tweak etc.

I've also experienced some hard lockups running Debian Etch as a domU, so
hopefully this upgrade will help there too. It's strange because I know
Debian as a domU with a Debian dom0 is fine, and Ubuntu as a domU with a
Debian dom0 seems OK too.

Thanks,

Tony