Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian 5.0 Lenny domU

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:58:43 +0000, Michael-John Turner <mj@???>
wrote:
> I've been running a Xen Dom0 and several DomUs on a lenny system for
> several months now without problem. The Dom0 did panic once, but that was
> several kernel updates ago and hasn't happened since.

Some of the documentation on the Debian wiki suggests that Lenny doesn't
play nicely as a domU in 64-bit. Is that your experience?

Also, when I try to boot the Netinst i386 CD ISO (using full VT
virtualisation) I get nothing but a black screen. It boots Debian Etch and
Windows 2003 CD images OK! I have checked the MD5sum. Did you come across
this and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Tony