Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (Virtual…

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (VirtualBox)
Hi all

For what he wants to do I would use acronis. There are free copies of this
superb program around.

1)    In windows defrag the hard disk.
2)    Install acronis
3)    create iso of acronis
4)    back up hard disk Use the acronis program to check that the partition was
backed up ok.
5)    create partition of 14GB
6)    install backup using acronis to this new disk
7)    make this bootable then run windows to check it runs ok
8)    VMware has tools to convert this to VMware system
9)    Virtual disk can convert this to virtual disk system

John Eayrs