Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (Virtual…

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (VirtualBox)
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:25:35 +0100 (BST), stephen@??? said:

> cannot afford to have any downtime at the moment or my project manager
> will shoot me! tbh he'd probably shoot me if he knew I was even looking
> at this

Let's hope he's not a closet HantsLug reader. There's no reason why you
shouldn't be successful with this, but I'd suggest a moment to consider
two questions (they're rhetorical):

- what do you gain if you are successful in your mission?
- what do you lost if you trash the hard disk?

Given that you don't know what you're doing (not meant unkindly, but you
are asking here) then the second point above is a possibility. Maybe find
a spare, additional hard disk you can install? Or just do this on another
PC. At the very least, make sure your CV is up to date and backed up
before you start...

Keith