Re: [Hampshire] Gnome Preferred Applications in Ubuntu Intre…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome Preferred Applications in Ubuntu Intrepid
Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Tue Apr 21, 2009 at 11:09:19 +0100, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>>>     System | Preferences | Removable Drives & Media

>> Cheers Steve, that makes perfect sense only there is no entry for
>> Removable Drives and Media under 'System - Preferences' on my machine.
>>
> Very odd. I'm using a stock Lenny desktop and I see it - still
> I see from your followup you got it sorted in the end, so all is good.
>
> When I choose the menu the command "gnome-volume-properties" is
> started, and I see that comes from the Debian package
> gnome-volume-manager - I wonder if you're missing that one?

Apparently so Steve:

sean@bender:~$ gnome-volume-properties

The program 'gnome-volume-properties' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:

sudo apt-get install gnome-volume-manager

bash: gnome-volume-properties: command not found

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa