Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: hlug090104, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] [OT] Nazis: was Re: JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Rik wrote:
> This is simply childish and totally pathetic. I suspect, however, that
> the little list Nazi's will keep this topic alive beyond the point of
> boredom throughout the coming hours and days.

Rik I really can't tolerate this any more: that should be Nazis and not
Nazi's!

:-P

Seriously though, I can see two points of view here.

I tend to agree that we should allow jobs to be posted within certain
published limits.

However, once people see the list as a resource to get to a target
audience I can also see it being abused. Apparently the person posting
this job has stepped on some toes in that regard and so what is needed
is a sensible dialogue to define what is allowable and what is not.

I thought we left it that a single post with a tag was acceptable, and
to the best of my knowledge this particular post has not broken that
agreement, so perhaps we need to clarify that, bung guidelines in the
wiki to that effect and censure if and when someone oversteps the mark
after a polite warning?

By the way, Nazis are really bad people and I don't think Philip or Alan
could qualify as even tiny Nazis even after a lifetime of trying. As far
as I know they're both good folks who have contributed a lot to the list
and beyond over the years.

Sean