Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x567d5100.hantslug.org.uk.5135': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Apr 28 13:29:16 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 01:10:44PM +0100, Stephen Rowles wrote:

It was actually me who wrote:
> > Most people were willing to tolerate the Camalyn posts until they
> > became extremely repetitive, posted widely across the country for
> > jobs in specific locations far away, and James displayed a total
> > refusal to moderate his own behaviour when asked politely. He talks
> > a lot but the actual behaviour does not change.
> >

> Now I'm not subscribed to other LUG mailing lists, but from the point of
> view of someone subscribing here this seems like a over generalisation.
> You seem to imply that he has posted many different jobs repetitively but
> I only remember one job being a problem, others have been posted as a
> single post.
>
> After the conversation last time about the database job there has been no
> repeated post, so I think you are being unfair.

Maybe he filled it or gave up. By the time it reached Hampshire
list he'd been hawking it since January. There have been no recent
posts about it anywhere else either. I'm not convinced that any
behaviour modification is taking place, or will ever take place.

The performance on GLLUG of even apparently going to the trouble of
setting up another identity was quite special.

If he toned it down I wouldn't mind, even if he never posted
anything else like he claims he would (this seems like another
blatant lie, given the vast range of lists he is on and the singular
nature of his posts, but whatever).

> I can also understand the reluctance to only post to the jobs list, until
> it was mentioned here I didn't know it exists, and there are so few posts
> on it I'm surprised anyone bothers subscribing.

The belief that your offer is so good that everyone needs to hear
about it regardless of their own preferences is indicative of the
spammer mindset.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.