Re: [Hampshire] Samsung NC10

Author: Steve Wesemeyer
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samsung NC10
James,

> Sounds good! I don't suppose you've toyed with upgrading the ram in that
> machine too, I understand the max is 2GB? The other thing I am
> interested about and this is again more aligned to a different topic and
> one that perhaps has been covered and availably in the archives - but
> how usable is the SNC10 and similar netbooks. My thoughts were that I'd
> use it as a primary work machine (e-mail, oo, firefox etc..I'm not too
> interested in watching HD or any video content on it!. Its just whether
> or not its really too small to use to work from? I know there are tons
> of reviews for this machine and other netbooks but I cant really get a
> sense of how usable a netbook is for the long haul. thanks, J

Upgrading the memory should be a doddle - I just haven't done it yet as it
works fine with 1GB (and yes 2GB is the maximum).

As far as using it as a primary (office) work machine is concerned, it should
be more than sufficient as long as you attach it to an external monitor,
keyboard and mouse. I really wouldn't want to work in front of it for 8
hours+ without that. It is tiny and hence not very ergonomic (see the other

Cheers,
Steve