Re: [Hampshire] Legal DVD ripping

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Legal DVD ripping
Rob Malpass wrote:
> 2) Is there a way I can scroll around my own desktop if this sort of thing
> happens again? To be clear, what has happened here is that, running in the
> 14 point font which I must observe with my eyes, the window is bigger than
> the desktop. Desktop is 1024x768 so what I need to do is pan down such
> that the top of the window disappears off the top of my desktop and the
> bottom of the window becomes visible.

Alt and left-click on the window should allow you to move it beyond the
edges of the screen. The cursor turns into a little cross, as it does
if you click on the title bar of the window, but you can click anywhere
in the window. I have to do this from time to time on my eeePC 701, but
I can do it on my main Debian desktop too.

Simon