Re: [Hampshire] Konsole

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Konsole
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:20:23 +0100
"Dr A. J. Trickett" <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> KDE4 is fine - it's just different from KDE3. It takes some time to
> get use to. If you have KDE4 available, have you tried Okular the
> KDE4 replacement for kpdf?

I tried ocular but it doesn't seem to read my genealogy pdfs any better
than kpdf. I have opted for evince as my alternative to acroread and
I'll use it for opening pdfs sent to me as email attachments (I get
quite a lot of these)

My EeePC running squeeze has the Debian default gnome currently, I
looked at installing konsole on it but realised squeeze is now using
kde4 judging by the dozens of libs (with 4 in the name) that installing
konsole required so I didn't install it.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop