Re: [Hampshire] Scanner for Ubuntu

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scanner for Ubuntu
Hi,

Epson are very in with the OSS community. I've got two and they work very well. Just plug and scan.

We have an HP colour laserjet 2820 in the charity office. HPLIP prints and scans on it great. Can't remember if I had to add its IP address to SANE's config file to make it work but I don't think so. I would only recommend it for very low volume use as the consumables cost an arm and a leg.

I tried another HP (a PSC1310 I think) and that worked out the box both printing and scanning.

The old HP scanjet 2400 was a paperweight.

Canon certainly used to be very OSS-hostile and would never release driver info to the community. Support for their stuff was always very problematic.

Cheers,
Paul.