Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
2009/8/6 Andy Random <andy.random@???>:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> Personally I have no problem with it.

Same here . I actually use M$ instead of MS just replaying "S" with $
company because it is *a* rich company :D

> If someone used it all the time in any context that might be slightly
> annoying, but in a "Friday afternoon"/humorous/light hearted context I
> think it is entirely appropriate for the list.

Yeah agree.

> There are certainly a lot of things which annoy me a lot more, like
> top-posting, not trimming quoted content, HTML email etc.

same here . I also encountered a well trimmed top posting LOL

> As for it being "unprofessional" well yes of course it is, I would never
> use it in an email to my boss or a customer,

Agree would not use in a business / important transaction which needs
professional ethics .. blah blah blah
> but this list isn't a
> professional forum, and again in the context of "friends" chatting amongst
> themselves on the list I see no issue with it.

Professional or not I believe this is *linux* users group . And M$ (
not Microsoft) has an awesome reputation of patent allegations against
the Free software movement . And as Linux users we ( if we have enough
free software spirit ) need not give it its due by calling it
respectfully with its full name .

Maybe those who wanted to support " Microsfot being called with its
proper name" should be reminded of how M$ tried to hijack one of the
best commercial distributions in the world . Should I give the name ?
Please google for " Microft Novell deal " which pretty explains the
intentions of the company .
Even stock markets call is MSFT .. I call it M$ what's the difference ?

Some people are very happy that M$ has contributed code. So be it who cares !!
See the attitude of M$ towards linux " We're cheaper than Apple! (but
not Linux)" from CNET news http://bit.ly/BAJAr

Hang me upside down still I am going to call the great Microsoft as M$

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri