[Hampshire] Linpus Lite ISO

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Linpus Lite ISO
Following a 'happy accident' with Moblin yesterday (of the
'live-distro-stuffs-up-the-main-OS' variety) we have ended up with the
Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my son's Acer One.

Fortunately all of his data was recovered and most of it has been
restored, all apart from mail stored on the local disk in fact. To get
this back I am guessing that I can either install the same mail client
that Linpus Lite uses on another machine, or run up Linpus Lite on a
virtual machine, and then push it back to the IMAP mail server.

The former would seem to be the most economical way in terms of time,
but I have no idea what mail client Linpus Lite uses, or even if it is
freely available for download.

The latter solution would also appear to solve the problem, were it not
for the fact that the only versions of Linpus Lite available on the Web
appear to be user-generated rescue images as opposed to any official
releases.

So, does anyone know which mail client Linpus Lite uses, and whether it
is either available or compatible with other existing clients?

Alternatively, does anyone have a known good version of Linpus Lite I
can cadge, or a working link to an official version?

For the record, Ubuntu Netbook Remix looks to be an entirely better OS
for the Acer One than either Linpus Lite or Moblin, which was trying too
hard to be clever and different IMHO.

Cheers,

Sean

--