[Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

Author: john lewis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk
Until yesterday (evening?) we were able to connect to our Geneweb
database at http://startx.co.uk:2317/Kingsclere without any problems.

Just before 9 pm last evening my wife told me she could no longer
connect to that URL and was getting a message about 'unable to connect
to server'

I was at that time still able to connect, or it seemed so, but that may
have just been to a cached link in the browser as I too get 'Could not
locate remote server' this morning.

I cannot ping startx.co.uk:
ping: unknown host startx.co.uk

whois startx.co.uk comes up with expected reply

googling startx.co.uk comes up with

startx.co.uk ("John Lewis Trading As:") is delegated to two
nameservers, however both delegated nameservers are missing in the zone

There is other information about startx on
http://www.robtex.com/dns/startx.co.uk.html
which is the page that comes up resulting from the google search

I have no idea what this means in terms of putting right the problem.

startx.co.uk is hosted on a VPS at Bitfolk and I have no problems
accessing via ssh the VPS or the relevant console.

I have cc'd this to Mark to see if he knows of the problem. Mark is
the Domain Registrar and he fixed the last problem I had with DNS

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid