Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk
** Kelly Dunlop <kelly@???> [2010-05-05 11:06]:
> On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:50:16AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> > Until yesterday (evening?) we were able to connect to our Geneweb
> > database at http://startx.co.uk:2317/Kingsclere without any problems.
> >
> > Just before 9 pm last evening my wife told me she could no longer
> > connect to that URL and was getting a message about 'unable to connect
> > to server'
> >
> > I was at that time still able to connect, or it seemed so, but that may
> > have just been to a cached link in the browser as I too get 'Could not
> > locate remote server' this morning.
> >
> > I cannot ping startx.co.uk:
> > ping: unknown host startx.co.uk
>
> I also get this.
>
> > whois startx.co.uk comes up with expected reply
>
> Interestingly the dates and Registration status from this may be relevant.
>
>     Relevant dates:
>         Registered on: 29-May-2000
>     Renewal date:  29-May-2012
>     Last updated:  04-May-2010

>     Registration status:
>     Renewal request being processed.

> Looks to me like "something" changed yesterday.....
> Have you recently reregistered the name ?
>

> Sorry I can't be more help but thought I'd point that out in case you
> hadn't noticed.
>
> Hope someone else can help you fix the problem.

** end quote [Kelly Dunlop]

Interesting that there's a renewal request being processed, but on a technical
level it seems that the nameservers quoted are not serving the DNS information
for the domain. I guess there's a good chance the two are linked. I see you are
registered with Mark, so it would be worth checking with him whether he has
made any changes to the DNS servers or domain record.

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: