Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

Author: Kelly Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

Hello John,

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:50:16AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> Until yesterday (evening?) we were able to connect to our Geneweb
> database at http://startx.co.uk:2317/Kingsclere without any problems.
>
> Just before 9 pm last evening my wife told me she could no longer
> connect to that URL and was getting a message about 'unable to connect
> to server'
>
> I was at that time still able to connect, or it seemed so, but that may
> have just been to a cached link in the browser as I too get 'Could not
> locate remote server' this morning.
>
> I cannot ping startx.co.uk:
> ping: unknown host startx.co.uk

I also get this.

> whois startx.co.uk comes up with expected reply

Interestingly the dates and Registration status from this may be relevant.

    Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 29-May-2000
    Renewal date:  29-May-2012
    Last updated:  04-May-2010

    Registration status:
    Renewal request being processed.

Looks to me like "something" changed yesterday.....
Have you recently reregistered the name ?

Sorry I can't be more help but thought I'd point that out in case you
hadn't noticed.

Hope someone else can help you fix the problem.
Kelly
--
Kelly Dunlop
kelly@???