Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Vinyl Ripping

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Vinyl Ripping
There are a number of ways round the law.

1) You are giving instruction on how to copy old vinyls on which the copyright
has expired. I am not sure if the copyright extends to 50 or 70 years.

2) You are copying vinyls etc on which the copyright has expired.

3) The vinyl in question cannot be replaced as the recording is no longer
being published.

4) You offer to contact the copyright holders first and get permission from them
before you do anything.

5) You offer the copyright holder a small fee for making the recording. The
recording is given to the original vinyl holder and a small fee goes to the
copyright holder for broadcasting their music.

Some copyright holders will like the good publicity.

John Eayrs