Re: [Hampshire] Open source network backup with de-dupe.

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Open source network backup with de-dupe.
Adrian Bridget wrote:

> I've come to the conclusion that there aren't any decent open source
> backup products. Yes, I do actually have it on my todo list to write
> one :-)

:-) It's hard, I've not been able to find a decent contract for my company so
have had to cease development of DIASER, shame. We reached beta-2 but have
had to create a cut-off point. So the whole kaboodle may well be up for sale
in a few weeks time as Interlinux Ltd has brought the project IP and finances
to safety by entering a dormant state - this is a gradual process.

I don't want the community to use something that can't be or isn't well
maintained or sustained.

-- Damian

--
http://interlinux.co.uk

DIASER RoadMap http://bit.ly/1Vtdp5

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner.