Re: [Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband pr…

Author: Robin Wilson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband provider
Hi,

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was most impressed by BE, but have contacted them and found that they haven't yet upgraded the Bassett exchange in Southampton, so they can't provide us with broadband :-( Very disappointing.
I was particularly attracted to BE because they had completely unlimited services, whereas the others (Andrews and Arnold and LDNet) appear to have download/upload limits. Andrews and Arnold seem better on this front (their off-peak services are from 6pm and include weekends, whereas peak for LDNet counts as 9am to midnight!).

Any other particular suggestions? Doesn't necessarily have to be a hugely geeky supplier, but just one that is reliable, and preferably unlimited downloads.

Cheers,

Robin