Re: [Hampshire] Mobile Technology

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mobile Technology
On 03/04/2011 03:59 PM, Jacqui Caren-home wrote:
> On 04/03/2011 10:03, Mike Austin wrote:
>> In the mornings I am able to watch the BBC News and UK TV on my
>> mobile, from
>> a Slingbox in my UK home. I can also use the SKY1 app to view Sky TV
>> schedules and send a signal to my Sky receiver to record programmes I
>> wish
>> to watch on my return.
>
> I have ssh, vpn and vnc clients but up till now only have used the ssh
> client "In anger".
> I have a very cheapo ZTE Racer but was thinking of a cheapo droid tablet.
>
> Jacqui

I love my Advent VEGA. You really need to get the OS refresh from modaco
[1] on it, which is really easy to do, but it runs great and does
everything I want. Watching iPlayer is a common use, web browsing is
really good and the larger screen makes SSH sessions etc. when I need it
much better.

The custom rom gives you market place, google maps etc. which is really
useful, it isn't that good a deal with the software it comes with, but
the custom rom is wonderful.

1:
http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/331467/09-feb-r8-modaco-custom-rom-for-the-advent-vega-with-online-kitchen/