Re: [Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Br…

Author: Michael Pavling
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: sentimental.bryan
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Bring a Box meeting
On 1 April 2011 12:10, bryan hunt <sentimental.bryan@???> wrote:
> OK, there's been a lot of vitriol, let's revisit my original comment.

*sigh* seeing as it's April 1st, and you are a joke, I'll bite...

"vitriol" - no... just people saying you're not very nice... I'd
guess: accompanied lots of quiet shakes of the head; but no vitriol.

> "Wow. So that's where the tax dollars go. Efficient."

So your original comment was without any merit or offered any
contribution, and certainly not "discussing Linux related issues". As
far as I see, your criticism is that a university is wasting money by
ensuring its DHCP allocation is secure? Weird interpretation of waste.

> So far I've got a five man clique ganging up on me.

Not "ganging up" - just on the same side by disliking your
tone/statements. Certainly not a clique, as I wouldn't know any of the
people on this list from Adam if they cut me up on the A303.
Besides, as such a proponent of "fair-comment", one would think you
would support any open and honest criticism that might be raised about
you...

> I'm guessing a large part of the responders, and this is a complete shot
> in the dark - are employed by such institutions and as such with brook
> no criticism.

At least 20% of the five is a self-employed freelancer... In my
professional experience, there's a lot more noses in troughs in the
private sector (<anecdote>yesterday, I was regaled by a man pleased
with himself that he had run up $4,000 bar bills in Vegas on the
company card, and blagged a weekend in DisneyLand because the 'client
wanted to go there'</anecdote>).

I am sincerely surprised by your posts, because on other mailing lists
you seem to respond with helpful replies, and even go as far as
correcting the posting etiquette of other people...