Re: [Hampshire] NAS reommendations

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS reommendations

Hi,

On 24/06/11 12:48, Rob Malpass wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good NAS device please? Preferably something I
> can get from the high street (Argos, PC World etc) because I need it
> quickly but failing that - online's fine. My trusty Linksys NSLU2
> seems not to have survived the move (power supply problem and, as
> ever, not sure if replacing the power supply isn't just a probable
> waste of money).

I've not tried one yet but I'm really liking the look of the Synology
range of NAS appliances. These have plugins and can run just about any
kid of server I'd want. Their range goes from disk-less and 1/2 drive
appliances up to a 3-unit, 15-drive cascadable system which would give
you around 40TB.

They do a disk-less model for USB drives called the USB Station 2
(http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=USB%20Station%202&lang=enu)
which looks interesting to me.

Cheers,
Paul.