Re: [Hampshire] Smartphones

Author: Jack Knight
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Smartphones
On 03/10/11 23:34, Ian Grody wrote:
> [...]
>
> I use an HTC Desire (bravo), have for nearly 18 months. Can't see a need to
> replace it as it does everything I need.

I'd agree with that 100%, I had one and loved it for most of a year
until July when it was stolen from me a Heathrow and I was devastated. I
took the option of the cheap replacement (Wildfire S) and whilst the
compact form factor is quite nice, the speed is noticeably slower
leading to "lumpy" execution of apps, and the soft keys on the latter
are annoying in some functions, like basic texting - you keep hitting
the menu soft button instead of the space bar and it really hacks me off.

I'm coming to end of contract next month and will be looking to snag a
Desire S with a renewal given my experiences, my only gripes with any of
these devices are (1) battery life, which is an industry wide problem,
so pick up a spare battery from Amazon, and (2) not enough internal
storage - you can indeed add a microsd but not all apps can use it.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???