Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands

Author: Anthony
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands
> James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> I have no idea if it will help or not, but I saw a "finger mouse" on
> ebay. I bought it and I was surprised that it actually worked.
> It essentually straps the mouse laser to a finger

Mine maps the laptop screen to about one square centimetre of mousepad
so it's not easy to control. With Ubuntu 10.04 this should be fixable
[1] along the lines of

$ xinput --set-float-prop "USB OPTICAL MOUSE" "Device Accel Constant
Deceleration" 20.0

but so far this is having no effect on the mouse, although the setting
can be listed and for example 'Evdev Axes Swap' does work.

Does anyone know where to check the valid property names for mouse
devices?

Anthony

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/PointerAcceleration
http://patrickmylund.com/blog/lowering-gaming-mouse-sensitivity-in-ubuntu-9-10