Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands
On 09/27/2011 02:02 PM, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> I would say I use to get back/neck pain and that was the result of
> bad desk height at work, which we sort of fixed and the pain went
> away. That was nothing to do with mice.

Yes, I know I'm late to respond to this topic, but I've been away for a
while.

Several years ago I ended up going to my GP with RSI in my hands and
wrists -- the doctor suggested the usual things about resting etc.

Eventually I realised that the problem was just that my chair was too
low for the desk, so my wrists were at the wrong angle. Once I had
bought a better chair, the pain went away.

These days I use the keyboard more than ever, and have no problems. So
don't forget the basics -- see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergonomics
for example.

cheers