Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] December Meeting and AGM

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] December Meeting and AGM
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:48:01 +0000
Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:

> > Chris Denis and Damian Brasher volunteered them selves and Ian
> > Brazier is willing remain Treasurer. I am therefore asking them if
> > they are willing to remain standing and asking for additional
> > volunteers to complete the committee.
>
> Yes, I did volunteer in a moment of weakness.
>
> It would be a disaster if HantsLUG fell apart completely -- maybe it
> will go through a quiet period and then burst into life again later.
>
> I will be happy to help where I can, but I'm somewhat distant from
> most of the action, living at the western extremity of Hampshire. I
> can't always get to the Southampton meetings (I can't be there on 3
> December), and meetings further east are out of the question.
>
> So I will do what I can, but that probably isn't very much.

I live even further away and don't expect to be able to attend any
meetings but plan to remain a LUG member as the more local ones are not
all that active.

As for being a committee member most LUG business can be done online
and I expect the committee mailing-list is still in existence so as
to keep things a bit private if need be.

The only jobs needing any real effort from the post holder are the
chairman (who does most of the work), the treasurer and the
lugmaster.

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid