Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

> The real small claims court no longer exists. You have to go down the
> full application path and persuade the Judge when you go for directions
> that you should be assigned to the small claims track.

The process I've used in the past is to go via the sexily-named "Money
Claim Online" website. This gets you onto the Small Claims track with a
lot less aggro.

> It isn't just that a lawyer will almost always beat an LIP (Litigant In
> Person), a person of higher rank will almost always beat a person of lower
> rank, no matter what the case is. It isn't what is said that matters, it
> is who said it.

My personal experience - which lacks statistical significance, naturally -
is that it isn't so much the *rank* of a person that matters so much as
the need to abide by assorted rules and procedures. Those of us of a lower
rank tend to find these things out the hard way...

> They may call your bluff. So don't bluff.

Royal Mail tried to call my bluff. I wasn't bluffing :-) They sent me an
inch of A4 with all sorts of counter-claims to try to scare me off. That
failed; cashing their cheque was one of the most satisfying moments I've
ever had :-)

Vic.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???