Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

Author: Tony Wood
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Makingacourtclaimformoney/DG_195812

I've used Small Claims procedure twice with success both times, but
neither got as far as court.
My first go was with my car insurance company 'holding my hand' -
apparently it had to be me making the claim.
The second instance resolved a hassle lasting several months. I went to
the Magistrates' Court and got the forms; explains everything, IIRC.
Just sending the letter to the 'dealer principal' stating what I was
seeking and my intention to use the Small Claims Court did the trick.
No solicitors; no fees; settled in days. Even if it went to SCC the fee
was not inordinate.

I fully agree with 'don't threaten anything you wouldn't do should the
need arise.'

Citizens' Advice Bureaux are very helpful too if you need reassurance.

HTH

Tony Wood
(from Linux PC)