Re: [Hampshire] New member... Hoping to come to Saturday LUG…

Author: Ian Grody
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] New member... Hoping to come to Saturday LUG Meeting.
On Thursday 01 December 2011 22:28:54 Steven Swann wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Just a quick email to register my intent to come along to the meeting
> this Saturday. This will be my first meet with any LUG so I'm not really
> too sure what to expect.
>
> A little about me: I have been using Linux for the past six or so years
> now, and can't get enough! I am currently on an 18 month contract
> carrying out the design and development of a client-server based
> software system. This features an embedded - my real passion - ARM
> based remote device which will, eventually, communicate remote client
> data with a number of servers.
>
> Simply put, my girlfriend is getting tired of all my "Linux speak" so I
> am hoping to vent some of this on Saturday.
>
> I look forward to meeting you all there
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steven Swann
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

It will be my first time to the Uni LUGs - I've only attended a joint LUG at
Nokia between Hants & Surrey. Only thing I can suggest is bring a laptop or
device of your liking with the software of your choice and a smile :-)

My other half too gets bored of my nagging about Linux and has taken the
opportunity to go shopping whilst I talk geek.. Win win.

I'm from Winchester myself, used Linux & BSD for gone 12/13 years now just
simply because I like to be in control of the little things. Plus I was a
cheapskate student at the time. The systems have grown on me and use multiple
Linux/BSD variants everyday. My favourite Linux would have to be Debian, with
Gentoo for more customised setups and servers. FreeBSD is my poison in the BSD
line. I'm a networking geek more than anything & hope to be able to share
ideas and knowledge.

Look forward to seeing you,

Ian

--