Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Final reminder for December meeting

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Final reminder for December meeting
** Clive Woodfine <clivewoodfine@???> [2011-12-02 17:56]:
> On 1 December 2011 20:23, Hants LUG Chairman <adam.trickett@???> wrote:
> > Here is your final reminder of our next meeting on Saturday 03 December 2011.
> > Start up from 10:00, main meeting from 10:30, AGM at 12:15, clean up 15:30 and
> > doors close around 16:00.
>
> Sorry but I am not able to come. I hope it all gets sorted out tomorrow.

** end quote [Clive Woodfine]

Unfortunately I am going to have to apologise for not being there as well. It
is annoying enough given I was planning to be there to keep the numbers up, but
having volunteered for the committee I feel even worse - although I can't be
much help on the voting front as the only post I'm eligible to vote for has
only one candidate!

I've been suffering from a strained shoulder and arm for about 3 weeks and am
now on pain killers / anti-inflamatories. It has been pointed out to me, much
to my annoyance, that I really shouldn't be driving across to Southampton and
aggravating my injury - and I can't deny that makes sense :(

Anyway, on the assumption that, since we have contended posts, people will at
least have to introduce themselves, I shall do so briefly on list for those who
don't know me. That way you can feel fully informed when you vote for somebody
else ;)

I've been 'playing' with computers since my first ZX81 in 1981; took an
interest in Linux in 1992(ish), but due to lack of hardware & time and working
with OS/2 & Windows NT at work and an Amiga at home I didn't actually get any
hands on until around 1996. Used Linux in my day job from around 1998(ish),
although officially only since 2000 ;) I do mainly Linux server stuff these
days, Apache, Bind, Samba, Exim, Dovecot, etc. and Windows desktop (although
some Linux desktop too, obviously my own!). LUG wise I've been here since about
1998 with my first meeting being at Fort Fareham where people were rolling
kernels and copying them onto IBM Thinkpads to get them to boot - fun times :)
I volunteered to do what I could to ensure the LUG didn't end up in limbo.
Committee work wise I am a school governor and chair a sub-committee there, and
am secretary for the PLSA Eastern Division, amongst other things in the past.

Anyway, fingers crossed tomorrow is quorate.