[Hampshire] All in one wifi printer/scanners

Author: LUG address
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] All in one wifi printer/scanners
Afternoon all,

I know there have been a few threads about this in the past, however, I
couldn't find an exact answer to my question and information on
manufacturer's websites and forums is rather sketchy (not to mention
contradictory) so I thought I'd ask here!

Basically, what I'm after is a low cost (ie <£100) printer and scanner with
low ink cartridge costs that will allow wireless printing from Linux (Using
Ubuntu whatever-the-latest-number-is) , and preferably also compatible with
Google's cloud printing service [1] so I can print from my Android phone.
Don't mind if I have to scan via USB as that will only be an occasional
reqt.

HPs, like the Photosmart 5510, seem to fit the bill but it doesn't look
like the wifi will work under Linux according to the HPLIP page [2].
By that, do they just mean it is not possible to do the initial wi-fi setup
via Linux?

If that is the case, presumably I could use a Win machine to do the initial
setup, after which Ubuntu will be able to connect to it using the HPLIP
driver as if it were any network printer?

Can anyone confirm if they are using something similar?

Or does anyone have any other recommendations? Printing volume is pretty
low and mainly just text so I wouldn't be averse to spending a bit more on
a laser as that avoids the problem of ink cartridges drying out...

Thanks in advance,
Keith

[1] http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/
[2] http://is.gd/oys0GI