Re: [Hampshire] All in one wifi printer/scanners

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] All in one wifi printer/scanners
On 30 January 2012 15:13, LUG address <lugaddress@???> wrote:
> Afternoon all,

> HPs, like the Photosmart 5510, seem to fit the bill but it doesn't look like
> the wifi will work under Linux according to the HPLIP page [2].
> By that, do they just mean it is not possible to do the initial wi-fi setup
> via Linux?

I have had an HP Photosmart 3310 until it recently died. I had no
problem setting up wi-fi. Printing and scanning worked fine. I would
go for HP.

My wife has an Epson SX425w to which I can print to over wi-fi but
have not achieved scanning yet. I don't recommend this printer for
Linux users.

We also have a Brother DCP-J315W. Brother have Linux drivers on their
web site but unfortunately the one for this printer is only 32bit and
I am running 64bit Ubuntu 10.04.

I would buy an HP.

Clive

--