Re: [Hampshire] Dying HDDs

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dying HDDs
On 06/02/12 20:13, Anton Piatek wrote:
> I have never had a PSU fail, but mine are all branded and not on the
> cheap end.

Ooh, you don't want to make statements like that Anton - you're just
begging for a multiple PSU failure event by putting that in writing! :-)

Seriously though, I have had two branded PSUs fail, namely an Antec and
a Seasonic, and have also seen no-name efforts seemingly go on forever.

Granted paying a bit more for a decent brand should buy you reliability
and possibly even a longer warranty, but it is not a guarantee against
failure.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???