Re: [Hampshire] Dying HDDs

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dying HDDs

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57ad6100.hantslug.org.uk.7935': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 6 21:11:51 2012 GMT
gpg: using RSA key F4CED24E945F8E45
On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 20:13 +0000, Anton Piatek wrote:
> I have never had a PSU fail, but mine are all branded and not on the
> cheap end.

Probably for the best, in general.

> Disks die often, motherboards occasionally but mostly fatally and are
> normally pretty obvious.

And the price of disks is currently, disappointingly, high. But the
cause is pretty horrific.

Damian

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 945F8E45
--
Please post to: Hampshire@???