[Hampshire] Domain type authentication using Linux as "domai…

Author: Bryn Jones
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Domain type authentication using Linux as "domain" server
Hi all,

I'm bouncing round London and having done some work for a charity while
I'm here I have an idea to sort out something out for them.

They have a windoze network (without domain just workgroup) with (now)
about 12 windoze 7 (oh god it was painful installing those!!!) client
machines, acting as standalone workstations.

I'd like to implement a domain type infrastructure for them..... but of
course without Windoze SBS (barf). Mainly for authentication - Sit at
any machine on LAN and log in as yourself, get your stuff.

I have some ideas but they're not great!!! (all my others are awesome of
course).

Thoughts?, suggestions?, general derision?, want to look at my cute dog?.

Cheers
Bryn (whose flat is being refurbed and is squatting in Hackney)

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???