Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs
On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:26:15 -0400 (EDT)
Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:

> However it is also true that I don't do much work that requires
> precision mouse movements like art work, mostly it is just simple
> point and click activity.

Way back in the remote past (ie 25-30 years ago) when I was doing quite
a lot of Cad work I used a thumb controlled trackball for the better
accuracy it afforded, then I got a tablet thingy with a pen and threw
the trackball away !!

Nowadays I use a Logitech M235 wireless mouse that fits in the palm of
my hand and have no problems using it.

I think it was a good suggestion to rest the elbow on the desk top but
there are too many other things in the way, like three
keyboards/mice/monitors plus various scrap pads, microfiche and
usually a cup of coffee that I have to avoid knocking over !

But I have moved stuff around a bit and will try using the mouse with
the elbow supported. Just as well it is a corner style desk that wraps
around me to some extent.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???