Re: [Hampshire] Tape drives - one can't read from t'other!

Author: Tim via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Tim
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Tape drives - one can't read from t'other!
One of the common issue I had back when doing tape backup was head
alignment, it only had to be a fraction out and then you had the
situation you have now. I know some drive did have a slight bit of
alignment option but not knowing it it up or down left or right it would
be a bit of trial and error (even slackening the securing screws and
retightening the screw might be enough. The other point to check is how
clean is the head, it might need a clean.

Tim H

Please post to: Hampshire@???