Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57adb100.hantslug.org.uk.12562': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Nov 13 09:11:01 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 08:53:36AM -0000, Vic wrote:
> [1] The Mozilla page keeps talking about "tri-licencing", implying that
> Mozilla products are released under MPL, GPL, and LGPL simultaneously. If
> this is the case, I really can't see how they have a leg to stand on; if I
> can licence their source under GPL, I have rights to everything that's
> included - which covers names and logos.

This is the case, the problem is that Mozilla corp. have a trademark
on the names Firefox and Thunderbird (plus several others), as well
as trademarks on their branding.

They are free to deny use of these trademarks for any reason they
like, and that is a separate matter than the license under which the
software is distributed.

They have chosen to deny use of the various trademarks unless
distributors use all their branding and apply only patches approved
by them. They claim that they cannot allow their brand to be
diluted by allowing things that aren't their version of Firefox (at
al) to be called that.

Andy