Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:16:44 +0000
Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:

> [2] Slypheed Claws for example

I have just discovered that this has now been re-named to Claws Mail.
I quote:

" 7 Nov 2006
Today we changed the name of Sylpheed-Claws to Claws Mail, as we move
further from our Sylpheed origin. This will help those people who
still mistakenly think that Sylpheed-Claws is the development or
bleeding edge version of Sylpheed - which it ceased to be a long,
long time ago - and will stop people referring to Claws as
'sylpheed', (which is something that began to bug me more than it
should have) - it is even packaged as 'Sylpheed (claws version)' for
one distro. There is little that is shared between the two anymore,
they don't even share the same license: Sylpheed is (partly) LGPL
whereas Claws Mail is, of course, GPL - there's nothing lesser about
Claws Mail.

Goodbye Sylpheed-Claws, Hello Claws Mail."

http://planet.claws-mail.org/

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application