Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:26:21 +0000 (+0000), john lewis wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:16:44 +0000
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:
>
> > [2] Slypheed Claws for example
>
> I get the feeling this is aimed at me :)

Bullseye! :)

Maybe it's just me, but I always find that a 5 minute demo is worth a
thousand words. Some programs are easy to install, however to see the
value of a system you often need "real data" in them - emails, blog
entries, photos, whatever the application is written for. I find that
getting to a decent point for testing can often take a fair bit of
time, only for me to decide in 30seconds that the application is "not
for me" for one reason or another.

Changing email client is something I don't do without hesitantion in
case a mistake on my part deletes past email which to me is critical
data.

Adrian
--
Adrian Bridgett - adrian@???