Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:16:37 +0000
Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:

> a 5 minute demo

is the problem.

I don't have Claws installed on my laptop though this can be fixed
easily enough and I can copy over some of my email collection in order
to get some demo data.

But how easy is it to get the laptop linked to the projector system,
is as simple as connecting an external display?

> Changing email client is something I don't do without hesitantion in
> case a mistake on my part deletes past email which to me is critical
> data.

One of the benefits you get with Claws in that it comes with a
collection of scripts to transfer mail from various other email
clients. I haven't needed to use these as I haven't used anything
other than Sylpheed or a variant since I started using Linux so don't
know how well they work in practice.

And, if I am going to use my laptop for a demo, we are going
to need another system for the badge maker/attendee recording :-(

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application