Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57ee1100.hantslug.org.uk.10371': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Nov 14 21:55:12 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
john lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:16:37 +0000
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:
>
>> a 5 minute demo
>
> is the problem.
>
> I don't have Claws installed on my laptop though this can be fixed
> easily enough and I can copy over some of my email collection in order
> to get some demo data.
>
> But how easy is it to get the laptop linked to the projector system,
> is as simple as connecting an external display?

That's the theory yes. We generally manage it pretty well. :) It depends
on the laptop, as some don't enable the external display by default, but
ThinkPads shouldn't be a problem. Or someone could provide a VM on their
laptop to facilitate the demo.

Tony