Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:55:12 +0000
Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:

> That's the theory yes. We generally manage it pretty well. :) It
> depends on the laptop, as some don't enable the external display by
> default, but ThinkPads shouldn't be a problem. Or someone could
> provide a VM on their laptop to facilitate the demo.

The flat screen display I acquired today was connected to my Thinkpad
when I got it home and became the default display when I booted the
TP.

It seems to be fine in text mode but when I tried to run X got an
error message, looks like the default xorg.conf setup for the
internal screen will need the tweaking before I can use an
external screen.

So this is likely to be the case with the projector but no doubt
someone knows what is required.

I don't know if this can be done the way dual screens are set up in
xorg with screen 1 and screen 2 settings. If so this would be a neat
way of doing it.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application