Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] Jamie's Open Day (was:Demo talks)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Demo talks
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:55:12 +0000
Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:

> That's the theory yes. We generally manage it pretty well. :) It
> depends on the laptop, as some don't enable the external display by
> default, but ThinkPads shouldn't be a problem. Or someone could
> provide a VM on their laptop to facilitate the demo.

I will be able to test the thinkpad soon as I attended Jamies Open
Day on Monday and purchased a Taxan Flat screen display as well as
the Matrox G400 (dual head as it happens) video card I went there for.

I wasn't able to take the Taxan screen away as it was in use on a
demo machine so am going back on Friday to collect it and taking to
Jamies my old IBM PC for their museum. They only have an XT system
box at present so if they can get this mine working they will have
one of the very early IBM PCs (it has a 64K motherboard) to go with
an original Mac and other bits and pieces. Nick wants a Vax (I
think that's what he said) for the museum if anyone has such a beast
lying around unused.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application