Re: [Hampshire] Getting Ubuntu 6.06 to recognise the Freecom…

Top Page
Author: Chris Smith
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting Ubuntu 6.06 to recognise the Freecom DVB USBstick

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x567bf100.hantslug.org.uk.15876': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Nov 17 19:39:10 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 11BEF6408586B4B2
Alan Pope wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 06:01:11PM +0000, Cayenne-uk wrote:
>> So my next challenge will be to get my bluetooth stick working . .
>> . . :)
>>

> Generally speak that "just works". In Ubuntu you can right click
> files (images or tunes or whatever your phone can read) choose "Send
> to" then select "Bluetooth" in the resultant dialog. You then choose
> the device that you want to send it to. I know this because at
> LinuxWorld expo we tried to send the Ubuntu logo to any and every
> bluetooth device we could find :)

I had no idea you could do that! Having failed to drag and drop files
onto devices in bluetooth manager, I thought the command-line tool
'gnome-obex-send' was the only way to do it. :(

This discovery has made my day (simple things...), so thanks. :)

Chris